on September 14, 2019 for
Life In The Spirit Seminar with John Beaulieu
Fee is $12.00 for Adults (Lunch Included)
12-17 year olds are No Charge but Registration is required.
LIFE IN THE SPIRIT DAY
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. CHECK IN, COFFEE AND DOUGHNUTS
9:15 a.m. WELCOME AND OPENING WORSHIP
9:30 a.m. TALK ONE: THE MERCIFUL LOVE OF THE FATHER
10:15 a.m. Personal Reflection Time
10:45 a.m. TALK TWO: THE SACRIFICIAL LOVE OF THE SON
11:30 a.m. Small Group Discussion
12:00 p.m. LUNCH
1:15 p.m. GATHERING WORSHIP
1:30 p.m. TALK THREE: THE ABIDING LOVE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT w/ WITNESS
2:15 p.m. PRAYER MINISTRY
3:45 p.m. TALK FOUR: THE SATISFYING LOVE OF COMMUNITY or LIVING IN THE SPIRIT
5:00 p.m. WRAP UP COMMENTS
5:15 p.m. Break for Mass
5:30 p.m. MASS
630 p.m. GO HOME
What is a Life in the Spirit Day?
A Life in Spirit Day has two main objectives:
1. Renewing and igniting the power of the Holy Spirit that we received at baptism and confirmation.
2. Promoting an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord to experience a personal Pentecost in our lives.
The Life in the Spirit Day is an invitation to make or renew a deep personal commitment to Jesus Christ in openness to the Holy Spirit and His gifts. It serves as an introduction to life in the power of the Holy Spirit. It provides teaching, guidance, and prayer leading to a new and deeper relationship with the Lord. Come and experience the presence of the Lord, through praise and worship with the community!
The Life In The Spirit Day Includes:
- Lively Praise and Worship
- Talks and Testimony by Mr. John Beaulieu, Director of Evangelization and Engagement, Franciscan University, Steubenville, OH. John is well known and respected Catholic author and speaker. He is also a frequent guest on EWTN television and radio. John will be speaking on the following topics:
- The Merciful Love of the Father
- The Sacrificial Love of the Son
- The Abiding Love of the Holy Spirit
- The Satisfying Love of Community or Living In The Spirit
- Discussion Groups, Time of Reflection and Prayer after each talk.
- Prayer for the Release of the Holy Spirit in Power
- Social Time, which will include coffee and breakfast pastries prior to or after check-in; as well as, a bag lunch. All included in the cost of admission.
- Adoration, Confession, and evening Mass.
Who Should Attend?
- If you attend Church fairly regularly, but find no real life or enthusiasm – you should!
- If you have drifted away from Church, but would be interested in finding a way back – you should!
- If you have a deep strong faith but feel in need of refreshment – you should!
- If you are a “Christmas and Easter Christian” & feel you want more – you should!
- If you are young and want more purpose and direction in your life, & want to make new friends – you should!
- If you have been putting off letting God come more into your life – perhaps to lead you from being a lukewarm Christian to a committed one – you should!
- If you aren’t sure, come anyway. Bring a friend! The speaker is stimulating, the company good. You will be glad you came!
If you are Catholic, He is calling you to embrace with your entire heart, soul, mind, and strength the teachings of the Catholic Church in the midst of this Pentecostal outpouring. The truths we have, coupled with the power of Pentecost, can turn the world upside down. If you are not Catholic, he is calling you to embrace this Pentecostal outpouring with all your heart as well. This move of God is breathing renewed life into the truths of the Church, such as the power of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, the awesome Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, a stirring up of the “sanctifying” gifts of the Holy Spirit, a new depth in the use of the “charismatic” gifts, a renewed sense of excitement about worship meetings and much more.
Most of us have heard about the Holy Spirit and most of us have learned about the Holy Spirit, but many times that is as far as our experience has gone. The Holy Spirit is a real person, a part of the Blessed Trinity just like Jesus and the Father. We receive the Holy Spirit through the Sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation. Through what is called the baptism in the Holy Spirit, a personal conversion experience, the power that is the Holy Spirit is released within us.
One illustration that helps some people understand this concept is through the image of a candle. It is designed with a wick that, when lit, creates or releases its light, so to speak; only at that time does the candle completely fulfill the purpose for which it was created. Until then it may be pleasant to look at, but it does not fulfill its purpose of emanating light. The candle’s ability to be a source of light is always within it due to its design and the way it is made, but until something happens to “empower” that candle, until the wick is lit, it lies “dormant’” it does not fully become what it was designed to be. So it is with all of us. We have been designed by God and empowered with the power of the Holy Spirit. But until that power is released, it lays dormant as does the light of the candle. A Life in the Spirit day is designed to help us yield to the action, empowerment and the power of the Holy Spirit in our own lives just as He empowered the early church on the day of Pentecost.
Many who have attended similar events have experienced God and the Holy Spirit in a way they had never done before. It is not unusual for people to fall more deeply in love with the Eucharist, with Jesus Christ and the Trinity, with the Mass, with the Bible, and many receive the charismatic Gifts of the Holy Spirit just as the Apostles did in the upper room on Pentecost. Those gifts are given to improve our lives and the lives of our family, church and community.
If you are at least open to the possibility that you can deepen your personal relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, why not attend a Life in the Spirit Day? It may change your life! It has for many, many Catholics, including priests, religious and laity, who are living a holier, Spirit-filled, Spirit-empowered life today.
Contact us About the Event
Have questions please complete the form below.
Life in the Spirit
7624 Roanoke Road (220 North), Fincastle, VA 24090